[Framers] Batch Word Conversion

techwordsmith techwordsmith at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 16:34:10 PST 2019

I had a system, oooh, I dunno, about 15 years ago. My client had Word templates that I locked down. They really were pushed to use a finite set of word styles. These had corresponding FM styles. It worked well. Well, as well as such things can. But, not using Normal was contractually agreed on, as well as reinforced.Generally, I plan tume to do the following if a one-time Word-to-Frame conversion is needed: paste plain text into FM from Word and reimport graphics, then apply styles in FM.SeanSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: "Carol J. Elkins" <celkins at awrittenword.com> Date: 12/4/19  5:39 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: "An email list for people using Adobe FrameMaker software." <framers at lists.frameusers.com> Subject: Re: [Framers] Batch Word Conversion Therein lies the problem. For the past bazillion years, every single Word document received from my clients has been reliably tagged 100% Normal. Then starts a tiresome and tedious paragraph-by-paragraph conversion. I've tried giving them Word templates that I could easily map to FM, but their documents are drafted by committee and none of the 100+ committee members wants to use a Word template.CarolAt 03:18 PM 12/4/2019, Jeff C wrote:>This only really works if the Word docs are consistently Styled._______________________________________________This message is from the Framers mailing listSend messages to framers at lists.frameusers.comVisit the list's homepage at  http://www.frameusers.comArchives located at http://www.mail-archive.com/framers%40lists.frameusers.com/Subscribe and unsubscribe at http://lists.frameusers.com/listinfo.cgi/framers-frameusers.comSend administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com