[Framers] Changing Setup Files

Orly Zimmerman orlyzim at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 10 07:55:45 PST 2019

HI All, I'm currently running FM2017 version.I would like to update the configuration files so that I can use shortcut keys like I did in earlier versions of FM - for example, repeat last para command, or select all conditional text around cursor (SelectSameCondTags) - which it seems that Adobe removed for some reason. Also, they moved many things around.
I'm being very careful about the changes I'm making to the various cmd files. Of course, before I change any of the cfg files, I make a copy, just in case...

My Qs: 1. I saw that the FM developers added a note asking us to be careful when assigning the F10 key to something, because Windows uses that key for different things-  anyone know what its commonly used for?  BTW - The Adobe developers mention "For documentation on this file, see the on-line manual "Changing Setup Files"." - for the cmds.cfg file in the general configui folder. - but I can't find this manual.
2. Which cmd file can/should I change - if I'm working in non-structured  - probably the wincmds.cfg in the configui/UnStructured/WYSIWYGView/ folder - right?

3. If I want to use a command that is already in place - for example, in FM2107 - the F7 key is used to find command shortcuts - but I want to use F7 for something else (related to conditional texting) - what happens if I use the F7 in both places?
Thanks!OrlyZ