[Framers] Captions

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 06:07:11 PST 2019

Frame goes to where you put the cross-reference marker, so yes, if you want
the graphic to be visible when you jump to it, you have to put the marker
above the graphic. Frame only has one type of cross-reference marker; there
is no way for the program to distinguish between "this place in the text",
"this caption above a graphic", or "this caption below a graphic".

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 8:19 AM Doug <dbailey4117 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there an industry standard or best practice to follow when deciding
> where to place the caption for an image, table, or equation?  The obvious
> choices are either above the object or below it.
>
> Also, if you place your captions below, how do you deal with making
> cross-references to the caption?  In my experience the caption displays at
> the top of the screen after the link jump. which puts the object out of
> sight above the top of the screen in this case.
>
> It almost seems as if FrameMaker expects users to put captions above the
> object.
>
> Doug

Lin Sims