[Framers] Changing Setup Files

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Sun Dec 15 17:48:09 PST 2019

Orly,
    The FM menus and shortcuts were reorganized in FM 2017. Be aware that:

a) There is a new Command Search command which lets you type a prefix of
a keyword in a command name. It displays a list of the commands that use
words with that prefix. You can invoke a selected command by clicking on
it in the Command Search window. You open Command Search by clicking on
the magnifying glass on the right side of the top line of the FM window,
with F7, or with Ctrl-Shift-S. IN FM 2017, Command Search lists command
names and shortcuts that invoke them. In FM 2019 it also lists the menus
on which commands appear.

b) You can define a new shortcut for a command (so that the command has
multiple shortcuts), but you cannot remove an existing shortcut.

c) I don't believe Customizing FrameMaker has been published since FM 7.

d) View > Menus > Modify used to allow you to add menu items and
shortcuts to those already in place. It now requires you to specify the
full menus. An FDK client can still add menus and shortcuts. I believe
this change was made when workspaces were added to %appdata% around FM 11.

     --Lynne

--
Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.