[Framers] Backup in different folder?

4XScripts development at 4xscripts.com
Mon Dec 16 22:51:23 PST 2019

Even with a script it would not be very user-friendly:

The script had to change all the paths (graphics - textinsets - Xrefs......)

So in case of emergency you couldn't just copy the backup and paste it
in the original folder. You also had to use a script, that changes all
the paths.

Otherwise it would end up in a big mess.

Am 16.12.2019 um 17:47 schrieb Fred Ridder:
> I don't believe this is possible, because the "Automatic backup on Save" feature dies not actually create a new file. All that feature does is change the extension on the last saved version of the file to add a .backup extension rather than flagging it to the OS as an unneeded file. The "backup" file does not include any of the changes that you have made in the current editing session, so IMO it is not really a backup. Maybe it's a *fallback* file, but to me a true backup is an extra copy of the *current* file.
>
> -FR
>
> ________________________________

Klaus Göbel
(Development)