[Framers] Backup in different folder?

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 08:25:33 PST 2019

Almost anything. :)

Some things I think the design of the program make impossible. For example,
table footnotes are always at the *very end* of the table. If you have a
multipage table, that can be a real nuisance.

The only workaround is to put xrefs in the table to information in a footer
row that is formatted to look like a footnote, but then you have all of the
"footnotes" appearing on every page instead of only on the page where
they're wanted. Maybe what's needed is a way to make table footnotes go to
the bottom of the page like regular text footnotes instead of being part of
the table structure, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they wouldn't be
able to move with the table if edits changed its position.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 10:39 AM Peter Gold <peter at petergold.photography>
wrote:

> Just one more reason to believe that, in the right hands, FrameMaker can do
> anything authors discover that they need it to do, and that the collective
> community knowledge probably contains a solution!
>
> Thanks, Rick!
>
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2019, 6:20 AM Rick Quatro <rick at rickquatro.com> wrote:
>
> > I posted a free script that will do this for you on my blog. Any
> questions
> > or comments are welcome.
> >
> > http://frameautomation.com/automatic-backup-on-save/
> >
> > Rick