[Framers] Frame19 screen (Windows 10, 64-bit) blanks out every so often and then returns

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 08:42:32 PST 2019

So it's not just me!

I've no idea what causes it. It was happening to me on Windows 7. I've
recently (last Friday!) upgraded to Window 10, and it hasn't happened so
far, but it's also not so frequent that I'd have expected it to.

Which OS are you using? Everything fully patched on the OS and Frame
(they're up to Update 2 on Frame)? Video drivers up to date? I know there
are a few issues with Frame and the 4K screens, although I think that
Update 2 was supposed to address that.

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 11:25 AM <Barry.Meislin at nuvoton.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
> Every so often, Frame19, which we've just installed (64-bit, Windows 10
> Enterprise) blanks out and then returns to the screen.
>
> It's as if something is causing the screen to "refresh".
>
> Note that if we're using a book file, the *.fm files disappear and
> reappear; however the book file stays on the screen (i.e., does not
> disappear).
>
> The refresh time can be several seconds, sometimes shorter, sometimes
> longer. Occurrences seem to be entirely random.
>
> Needless to say, it's extremely irritating.
>
> Does anyone know why this might be happening and what can be done to
> prevent it?
>
> Thanks much,
> Barry Meislin
> Nuvoton Technology
>

> ===========================================================================================
> The privileged confidential information contained in this email is
> intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender
> of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are
> not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person, please kindly
> reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from
> your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly
> appreciated. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential
> information of Nuvoton is strictly prohibited; and any information in this
> email irrelevant to the official business of Nuvoton shall be deemed as
> neither given nor endorsed by Nuvoton.

Lin Sims