[Framers] OT: Punctuation question

tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com
Mon Jan 7 10:34:19 PST 2019

Consider the following three sentences:

1.)    The information is displayed across five tabs, which, from left to
right, are the following: Overview, Category, Locus, Sequence, and Details.

2.)    The information is displayed across five tabs, which from left to
right, are the following: Overview, Category, Locus, Sequence, and Details.

3.)    The information is displayed across five tabs, which from left to
right are the following: Overview, Category, Locus, Sequence, and Details.

Three different editors. Three different copy edits. I have my 'druthers,
but I thought I would reach out to all the writers on this list and get a
majority opinion. And yes, I am saying opinion, because I know that there is
an absolute right and wrong, but I need to be neutral and non-judgmental
when supplying my feedback and making the correction. Three egos are
involved. . . .

TVB

Tammy Van Boening

Tammy dot vanboening at spectrumwritingllc dot com

www.spectrumwritingllc.com