[Framers] Exporting graphic elements to CGM file (structured XML)

cuc tu cuc2u at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 24 07:46:39 PDT 2019

Hello All,

I am required to provide images in CGM4 file format and I discovered that FM will do this once I set the R/W Rules properly, but the CGM files are very low res, like they are just the thumbnail view magnified. Most of the images are native Illustrator files (line art) and TIFF (pictures/icons) and look great in their source formats.

Is there any way to correct this in FM or will I need to find some other tool to create and work with CGM file format? I am not finding much on Google, except some rumors that newer versions of Illustrator support it (CC).

R/W Rule:

element "graphic" {
  is fm graphic element "graphic";
  writer facet "PDF" {
    notation is "PDF";
    convert referenced graphics;
    export to file "test-.CGM" as "CGM";
  }
  writer facet "TIFF" {
    notation is "TIFF";
    convert referenced graphics;
    export to file "test-.CGM" as "CGM";
  }
  attribute "boardno" {
  is fm property entity;
  is fm attribute;
  }
  fm property import by reference or copy value is "ref";
  fm property width value is "7in";
  fm property height value is "7in";
}

Thanks for any advice.