[Framers] Installable FrameMaker

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 05:33:29 PDT 2019

Amitoj has posted an update on the Adobe forums, here:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2630359

Here's the text if you don't want to go look:

This is to announce that, as of 1 July 2019, Adobe Software Assurance (ASA)
> or Maintenance and Support (M&S) perpetual channel licensing plans (new &
> renewal) are being discontinued worldwide for the following products:
>

>    1. Adobe Technical Communication Suite
>    2. Adobe FrameMaker
>    3. Adobe FrameMaker Publishing Server
>    4. Adobe RoboHelp
>    5. Adobe RoboHelp Server
>

> Customers  will still be able to purchase perpetual licenses of all the
> above-mentioned products through Channel (Adobe authorized resellers) under
> Transactional Licensing Program (TLP) and Cumulative Licensing Program
> (CLP) even after 1 July 2019. Customers who are currently enrolled for
> Adobe Software Assurance (ASA) or Maintenance and Support (M&S) plans for
> any of the above-mentioned products will continue to avail of all the
> benefits for these programs till the expiry date of the current contract.
>
> Additionally, customers will still be able to purchase Gold Support for
> the perpetual licenses of all the above-mentioned products.

I don't speak legalese or corporate-ese, so I'm not sure what this means.
I'm asking techcomm at adobe.com for clarification, since I, personally, own
TCS as an individual on a perpetual license and if it's being moved to
subscription only I may want to update to FM2019 now rather than wait for
whatever comes next ...

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 8:20 AM Richard Melanson <rmelanson at highresbio.com>
wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> I heard that Adobe is discontinuing support for any type of upgrade for
> perpetual licenses. The Adobe Software assurance is getting eliminated. Can
> anyone confirm??
>
> Rick
>

> Richard Melanson
> Technical Writer|HighRes Biosolutions
> T:781.932.1912x1160|rmelanson at highresbio.com
> www.highresbio.com???
>
> This e-mail message may contain confidential information and may not be
> used by anyone but the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or dissemination of this
> message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error,
> please notify HighRes Biosolutions immediately by reply email.  Then delete
> this message from your system.  Thank you.-----Original Message-----

Lin Sims