[Framers] Track Changes does not work in FM 2017 and FM 2019

André Bönat Andre.Boenat at posteo.de
Wed May 8 05:47:43 PDT 2019

Hi, there,

I've got some Framemaker files from a client in FM 2017. In these files
the Track Changes function is not working. Also a mif-wash is not
restoring this function. Opening the same files in Framemaker 2019 also
do not revive the Track Changes function.

When I open the same files via mif in Framemaker 2015 the Track Changes
function is working as normal. But again, these files, opened again in
FM 2017 or FM 2019 do not regain the Track Changes function. The Track
Changes function is quite important for some of my clients to document
the Change History.

Is there any Workaround to restore the Track Changes in FM 2017 or FM 2019?

@Adobe: how long do have we to wait, to get back a properly functioning FM?

Kind regards,

André Bönat