[Framers] FM 2019 - Graphic frame NOT autosizing

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Thu May 9 14:10:23 PDT 2019

Note: I am not a structure expert. I have used structured FrameMaker a
little but I have not tried to create either EDDs or DTDs and wouldn't have
the first idea of how to. ;-)

With that caveat out of the way, the way you worded your message makes it
sound to me like your EDD is set up to use a single cell table to contain
your figure title and the actual figure. There is a known bug in FrameMaker
with respect to inserting a graphic into a table cell and having the
graphic import in miniature. It should have been fixed in Update 3.

If your FrameMaker 2019 is fully updated (should show the version as
15.0.0.603), then drop a line to Amitoj Singh (amisingh at adobe.com)

This is a link to the discussion on the FrameMaker forums. It might be of
help. https://forums.adobe.com/message/10984702#10984702

On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 3:26 PM Stephanie Hutchison <
shutchison at mraservices.net> wrote:

> We've got something new happening with our upgrade to FrameMaker 2019.
> We're using Structured FM with an EDD.
>
> When we insert a Figure element into the structure, it automatically adds
> a Figure Title and a Figure Frame (which consists of a Figure Row and
> Figure Cell). Into that "cell" we've always just imported (by reference)
> our graphic and the graphic cell/window (for lack of better term) has
> always resized to fit the graphic. With FM 2019, when we perform the same
> steps, the graphic imports at between 2% and 4% of the actual size. Is
> there a setting I'm missing somewhere. Most of our graphics are half to
> full page graphics.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Stephanie Hutchison
> Manager of Data Operations