[Framers] Resources for getting up and running in Frame

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Mon May 27 10:05:27 PDT 2019

At 11:53 PM 5/26/2019, Caroline Tabach wrote:
>What resources do you recommend to help her get started and
>understand how it works (your favorite web sites, books etc) as fast
>as possible?

Way back in 1995, I had to learn Frame by the seat of my pants. I
literally read the ENTIRE user manual (the one that came in the box
with the discs) from cover to cover. I had been a WordPerfect user
and it was an adjustment to wrap my head around the concept of
needing a "frame" in which to enter all content, text or otherwise. I
don't think that Frame is one of those pieces of software that you
can learn to be good at simply by mucking around in it (which is
pretty much how I've learned most other software). You really need a
structured framework in which to learn it, either a course or a book.

Also, I just want to remind everyone that the FrameUsers web site
(<http://www.frameusers.com/>http://www.frameusers.com) is a good
tool to use, not for learning but for resources (templates, techniques, docs).

Carol