[Framers] Resources for getting up and running in Frame

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Tue May 28 08:53:28 PDT 2019

I have to agree with this. It is still possible to print out the entire manual from the pdf. I remember the FrameMaker 5.5 manual (which came with the product as a hardcopy) as being exceptionally good, but with all the changes since then, the new PDF is the better place to go. There has been a tendency to piecemeal things out, losing some of the global concerns that really ought to drive how one uses FrameMaker. I think that is an effect of DITA parsing, but I believe enough high level stuff is still covered to offset that.

Current version:
https://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/2019/using/framemaker_help.pdf

Earlier versions:
https://helpx.adobe.com/framemaker/archive.html

Craig
________________________________
...snipped....

Way back in 1995, I had to learn Frame by the seat of my pants. I
literally read the ENTIRE user manual (the one that came in the box
with the discs) from cover to cover. I had been a WordPerfect user
and it was an adjustment to wrap my head around the concept of
needing a "frame" in which to enter all content, text or otherwise. I
don't think that Frame is one of those pieces of software that you
can learn to be good at simply by mucking around in it (which is
pretty much how I've learned most other software). You really need a
structured framework in which to learn it, either a course or a book.

Carol

Send messages to framers at lists.frameusers.com