[Framers] Bookmarks in FrameMaker files are wrong

Catherine Forrest catherine.forrest at ymail.com
Tue Nov 12 09:34:34 PST 2019

The hierarchy of bookmarks in my FrameMaker files (FM 2015) are not reflected in the PDF files.
In the FM bookmarks, the hierarchy looks like this:book title    chapter title        1heading            2heading
In the PDF, the bookmarks look like this: book title    chapter title
        chapter title
              1heading                2heading
        chapter title    chapter title

"Chapter title" is in two different positions in the PDF bookmarks, but it should only be indented below "book title".
BTW, I selected the bookmarks by opening the book file, selecting all files, selecting Format > Document > PDF Setup > Bookmarks, specified the hierarchies, and clicking Set.
I've searched the Adobe forums and haven't found any help. Help! This seems like a really simple issue. What am I missing?
Catherine