[Framers] Sending my email again with placeholder tabs

Catherine Forrest catherine.forrest at ymail.com
Wed Nov 13 12:36:12 PST 2019

The tabs in my previous email were replaced with question marks. I'm sending this email again, substituting "<tab>" for tabs.
The hierarchy of bookmarks in my FrameMaker files (FM 2015) are not reflected in the PDF files.
In the PDF, the bookmarks look like this: book title <tab>chapter title
 <tab><tab>chapter title

"Chapter title" is in two different positions in the PDF bookmarks, but it should only be indented below "book title".

BTW, I selected the bookmarks by opening the book file, selecting all files, selecting Format > Document > PDF Setup > Bookmarks, specified the hierarchies, and clicking Set.

I've searched the Adobe forums and haven't found any help. Help! This seems like a really simple issue. What am I missing?

Catherine