[Framers] Getting an old version of FM

Klaus Daube klaus at daube.ch
Thu Nov 14 08:27:40 PST 2019

Dear all,

Fortunately i have put aside FM-installation files since I install FM (version 4).
Hence I do not need to search for these in the net. But any other person will have to.
It's easy to find Adobe's site with the updates of previous versions:
https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows

But wherefrom do you get the base version? Only from illegal sources such as
https://rahim-soft.com in Kandahar, Afghanistan?
For curiosity I did so and discovered that in the download package there is a tool
included to create a registration key... A help video describes how to use this illegal
method. And the FM installation files turn out to be few days younger than those in my
archive (which had been distributed by Adobe).

It seems that Adobe has now opened a channel to older versions:
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html offers to chat
via https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html - because in many cases (at least in my case)
not all older versions are listed in Adobe's order history on the users account. Or the
user (consultant) needs an older version to support a customer who has that version.

Has anyone of you used this official channel to get an older version of FM, for
example, version 10?

Klaus
Klaus Daube             Phone:  +41-44-381 37 77
Schäracher 11           Mail:   klaus at daube.ch
CH-8053 Zürich          Web:    www.daube.ch