[Framers] Importing large PDF documents i.e. over 1.27 metres

Simon BUCH simon.buch at m-ais.com
Tue Oct 8 06:22:40 PDT 2019

Hello,

In all the years that I have been using Adobe FrameMaker, I know it can
handle some humongous sized documents - up to 216 inches square i.e.
5.48 metres!

However today I found that I am unable to import a large PDF document at
100%.  The PDF is 1.35m x 40cm, and FrameMaker keeps resizing it to be
50% of the size.

If I try to resize it, I get the FrameMaker warning message:
     Object size is too large or too small.
     The width and height must be between 0.125 and 3600 points.

3600 points is only 50 inches == 1.27m

Has anyone encountered this limitation before?

// Simon BUCH