[Framers] Importing large PDF documents i.e. over 1.27 metres

Ant Davey ant at ant-davey.com
Tue Oct 8 09:13:36 PDT 2019

   Is the PDF resolution an issue. Could the original have been saved out
   at more than 300ppi? And so, more than (about) 3,400 pixels?
   Ant

     On 08 October 2019 at 14:22 Simon BUCH <[1]simon.buch at m-ais.com>
     wrote:
     Hello,
     In all the years that I have been using Adobe FrameMaker, I know it
     can
     handle some humongous sized documents - up to 216 inches square i.e.
     5.48 metres!
     However today I found that I am unable to import a large PDF
     document at
     100%.  The PDF is 1.35m x 40cm, and FrameMaker keeps resizing it to
     be
     50% of the size.
     If I try to resize it, I get the FrameMaker warning message:
         Object size is too large or too small.
         The width and height must be between 0.125 and 3600 points.
     3600 points is only 50 inches == 1.27m
     Has anyone encountered this limitation before?
     // Simon BUCH
     Archives located at
     [4]http://www.mail-archive.com/framers%40lists.frameusers.com/
     Subscribe and unsubscribe at