[Framers] Nostalgia - was Re: FrameMaker 2015

L Larson l2larson at outlook.com
Mon Apr 6 09:32:22 PDT 2020

Wow, this brings up SO many memories...

Does anyone remember Micom, where an 8" floppy could hold as much as 100 pages of straight text? How about Displaywriter, one of the first to move from a dedicated system to a PC?

Later, I remember having to choose between Word Perfect, WordStar, and Word for a PC, and chose Word Perfect because it favored keyboard commands over Word's menu commands and a cleaner look than WordStar.

Those were the days when Wang and Interleaf were used by companies like General Motors.

Finally, in the early 90s, I was able to move to an early version of FM for large document sets. What a joy it was then!