[Framers] Book and Doc Templates.

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 09:39:03 PDT 2020

I think it's more like no one has "templates" so didn't feel they could
help you.

Frame since, I think, 2017, has a Word Import facility that allows you to
map Word styles to Frame tags, which can do a lot of the work for you as
long as you have a file set up with the tags you want. Check Barb Binder's
Rocky Mountain training site; I believe she has a blog post explaining how
to do that.

Beyond that, I recommend Rick Quattro's TableCleaner script, which will
help you reformat Word's tables to clean Frame tables.

Personally, I usually save the Word file to an ASCII text file and copy and
paste blocks into Frame, tagging as I go. It may be a bit brute force, but
it works for me. If nothing else, it ensures that none of Word's cruft is
imported and that the graphics I need are placed where I want them.

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 11:39 AM Richard Melanson <rmelanson at highresbio.com>
wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am converting a 193 page Word doc to FrameMaker 2017. Does anyone have
> recommended templates for doing this. I am trying to do this in as little
> time as possible. If you can share what you have great, if you are selling
> what you have great also, just let me know what you need.
>
> Thank you all for your help.
>
> Rick

> Richard Melanson
> Technical Writer|HighRes Biosolutions
> T:781.932.1912x1160|rmelanson at highresbio.com
> www.highresbio.com???
>
> This e-mail message may contain confidential information and may not be
> used by anyone but the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or dissemination of this
> message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error,
> please notify HighRes Biosolutions immediately by reply email.  Then delete
> this message from your system.  Thank you.

Lin Sims