[Framers] Book and Doc Templates.

Syed Zaeem Hosain Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Wed Apr 15 12:12:08 PDT 2020

When I did this in the past (Word --> FM), I also followed the same approach that Lin mentions - it is the one that prevents confusing issues later on within FM or generating PDF, etc. There is usually some crud hanging around that could cause problems otherwise.

Of course, now that I am using LaTeX, I have an equally similar approach taking docs in FM (stopped upgrading at FM 12) over to LaTeX (FM --> LaTeX). If I need to make significant changes - needing multiple days of work - I convert to LaTeX with about a day of editing work for the size of documents that I work on (typically less than a few hundred pages).

Else, I just make the changes in FM12.

(As always, I emphasize that what works for me in LaTeX may not be relevant for you all. Just the kinds of specs and white papers I write work great in there now. With formalized consistency that Word is unable to provide.)