[Framers] Adobe licensing is migrating to subscription based

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 10:35:09 PDT 2020

Carol, I don't know. I don't work for Adobe.

My understanding is that the activation servers for CS1-3 simply wore out
and weren't maintainable anymore, the software required to perform
activations can't run on the new platforms, and it would have taken a great
deal of money and time for Adobe to try to port it. They weren't willing to
spend those resources for a product that hasn't been for sale for almost a
decade and for which even extended support was ended over a year ago.

There *was *a brief time period at the end of 2019 where Adobe provided a
special, you won't need an activation server, number for the CS1-3
products. I emphasize *brief*: that option is no longer available.

My assumption is that if and when they retire the activation servers for
CS4-6 the same will happen, but I have no way to know this for certain.
Since I have none of the CS products, I also don't know if Adobe sent out a
notification of this happening for CS1-3.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help. (Oh, and yes, if it has CS in the name
it is/was part of Creative Suites.)

And standard warning: if anyone tries to get in touch with you claiming to
be able to sell you Creative Suites, do not buy from them. They're
scammers, and at best you will lose your money.

--
Lin Sims