[Framers] Adobe licensing is migrating to subscription based

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Tue Aug 25 10:10:20 PDT 2020

At 09:45 AM 8/25/2020, Lin Sims wrote:
>Additional information: For those of you who still have Creative Suites, it
>is no longer possible to activate CS 1-3. Those servers are retired. You
>can still activate CS 4-6, but support is minimal. I think you can get the
>number of activations reset and that's about it.

Lin, it has been a bazillion years since I've had to reinstall Adobe
products so forgive me if my question is naive. I have a perpetual
license to Photoshop CS4 and InDesign CS5.5. Because they have "CS"
in their names, I assume they are Creative Suite products. If Adobe
retires its CS4-6 servers at some point and I need to install these
programs on a new computer (assuming that the OS will support them),
will I be able to activate them?

It just burns me when I purchase a perpetual license and along the
way, the software company changes its licensing agreement. I just
went through this with Intuit Quickbooks. I purchased a perpetual
license in 2009 and now they tell me that the license was only good
for 11 years and will expire this year. Huh?

Carol