[Framers] Applying Show/Hide Conditional Settings

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Wed Jan 15 08:48:07 PST 2020

John,
    FM should not crash when you apply Show/Hide settings. Please give
us an update and let us know if you experience crashes now that you've
switched to using conditional expressions. When you were using the
Show/Hide shuttle boxes, did FM always crash when processing the same
file? Did restarting FM or rebooting your computer make a difference?
    To answer your original question, yes, once you have selected the
files in a book window, you can make Show/Hide settings in the selected
files either using the Show/Hide Conditional Text box, or by importing
formats from a template and checking the Conditional Text Settings box.
Assuming that all the documents already have the same conditional text
definitions, the two methods should produce identical results. In that
since, they are both "right". However, the first method seems more
obvious to me and more in the spirit of conditional text. The condition
tags have to be defined before they can be shown or hidden. The intent
of this FM feature is to be able to show or hide different content
without having to redefine the conditions. It was creative of you to see
if the second method made a difference in observed behavior, but it
shouldn't be necessary.
     --Lynne

--
Lynne A. Price