[Framers] Images make scrolling through a Frame document problematic

Doug dbailey4117 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 12:06:18 PDT 2020

My Frame documents usually contain a lot of images, usually photos.

I like to work with the zoom set out far enough for me to see both side
margins.  When I scroll through the document, Frame momentarily freezes
when an image scrolls into view.  After a few of these pauses, if I keep
scrolling, the entire screen will black out and freeze for 2-5 seconds or
so.

Then the screen will display again and my image will be there as expected.

I assume all of this is a memory issue, with buffers filling up and having
to be empties, or somesuch.

My workstation has 16GB of memory, so I'd have thought I wouldn't see
memory problems.  I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell OptiPlex 3050,
i5-7500 @ 3.4 GHz, 64 bit.

Is there some setting I can tweak to optimize performance?

Thanks,

Doug