[Framers] Images make scrolling through a Frame document problematic

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 13:02:38 PDT 2020

You're not saying whether the graphics are copied into the FM file or
imported by reference. Makes a big difference. For example, if they are
imported by reference, your virus protection may be trying to screen each
one as it scrolls into view.

Assuming all the files are local.... which is the recommended Best Practice.
If they're on the network, that's certainly part of the throughput problem.

Your RAM, although adequate, isn't at all high, especially for graphics
intensive FM files. I'd go higher if at all possible. Coupled with that are
that there aren't lots of other applications running... especially memory
hogs such as Photoshop and Chrome running site that are refreshing.

All that said, I'd look at your virus protection first, and maybe try
turning it off as a test.

But more RAM would certainly help.

Art Campbell
          art.campbell at gmail.com
  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and
a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358