[Framers] Open Excel from FM

Orly Zimmerman orlyzim at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 04:57:54 PDT 2020

HI All,
I would like to open an Excel file from a PDF created by FM.
I'm trying to use a HotSpot graphic box - where I populated the URL destination as: //filename.xlsx

So, when I get my PDF, it asks me if it's ok to open the file and I "allow" it.
But the file doesn't open. The file is in the same folder as the PDF file.

Any ideas how I can do this?
I don't care if it's not via the hotspot properties, but I would like the Excel file linked somehow to the PDF.
If I could embed the Excel file within the FM file - that would be best - assuming it would allow opening the Excel via the generated PDF.

Thanks,
Orly