[Framers] Videos in FrameMaker, setting properties in Acrobat

Tom Beiswenger tom.beiswenger at emhartglass.com
Thu Jun 18 09:08:32 PDT 2020

This is not a strictly FrameMaker question, but hoping that someone out there has done this and can help.

We are starting to use video tutorials in many of our instruction manuals. These videos are referenced in the FrameMaker files and then set up to play in Adobe Acrobat. I don't like the default setting for videos in Acrobat. I want to play them in a floating window and at a specific size (the default in Acrobat -- 320 x 240 -- is too small). In addition to changing the Playback Style to "Play content on floating window," I also change the size of the video playback window to 960 x 540 (which matches the scale of the videos that I am using). Currently, I have to do this at every video in the manual. Is there a way to "permanently" change the default settings to those that match what I need?

Tom Beiswenger
Project Manager, Manager IB Technical Documentation

Emhart Glass Inc.
74 Kahler Road North • Horseheads NY 14845 • USA
Telephone 1 607 735 2551 • Mobile +1 607 769 4779
Fax +1 607 735 2601
tom.beiswenger at emhartglass.com
www.bucheremhartglass.com
www.bucherindustries.com