[Framers] Appearance of graphics in the generated PDF

tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com
Fri Aug 6 08:12:12 PDT 2021

Hi Simon, I was doing this: The best way to get the 'graphics' from Word is
to save the document as DOCX format, and open the DOCX from ZIP archive
program such as 7-zip. Alternatively, do a File > Save As [or wherever
Microsoft have moved the function], and save the file to HTML format - which
should then give you easy access to the graphics. But, the image quality is
good only for the web at 96 dpi, not for printed material. And in the other
approach of saving to a zip file, the equations are not being recognized as
media objects, so I do not have a media folder that contains them when I
unzip the file. Why the equations are recognized when saving to HTM/HTML as
media, but not w/ the zip approach is beyond me. . . . Thanks! TVB Tammy Van
Boening Tammy dot vanboening at spectrumwritingllc dot com
www.spectrumwritingllc.com -----Original Message----- From: Simon BUCH Sent:
Friday, August 6, 2021 8:36 AM To: An email list for people using Adobe
FrameMaker software. ; tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com Subject: Re: [Framers]
Appearance of graphics in the generated PDF Hello Tammy, I have seen this
effect before [many years ago with FrameMaker 5.5.6!] where one customer
wanted to insert content from Office, and so did a Copy, and Paste in
FrameMaker.   This resulted in a "Object link embedded" graphic.   With a
range of tests, we determined that you couldn't even use the "graphic" in
WordPad as it suffered exactly the same problem that you see when printing
it from FrameMaker. Microsoft claim that they still support OLE.   If they
do, then they've been supporting it very badly, as they seem to think it
works. The best way to get the 'graphics' from Word is to save the document
as DOCX format, and open the DOCX from ZIP archive program such as 7-zip.
Alternatively, do a File > Save As [or wherever Microsoft have moved the
function], and save the file to HTML format - which should then give you
easy access to the graphics. HTH! On 06/08/2021 15:29,
tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com wrote: > Thanks, but I tried this approach
and the equations are not being > recognized as media/graphics objects.
There is no media folder w/ the > equations as PNGs. I have no idea why they
are being recognized as > media objects for a web export, but not this
approach. The equations > are being rasterized at a quality that is good
enough for the web, but > definitely not for print. I have a workaround that
Ric helped me with > , but it's a long tedious one but at this point, I
don't know if I > have any other options. I will keep taking any and all
thoughts. > Thanks! TVB Tammy Van Boening Tammy dot vanboening at >
spectrumwritingllc dot comwww.spectrumwritingllc.com Scanned by McAfee and