[Framers] Appearance of graphics in the generated PDF

Simon BUCH simon.buch at m-ais.com
Fri Aug 6 07:36:12 PDT 2021

Hello Tammy,

I have seen this effect before [many years ago with FrameMaker 5.5.6!]
where one customer wanted to insert content from Office, and so did a
Copy, and Paste in FrameMaker.   This resulted in a "Object link
embedded" graphic.   With a range of tests, we determined that you
couldn't even use the "graphic" in WordPad as it suffered exactly the
same problem that you see when printing it from FrameMaker.

Microsoft claim that they still support OLE.   If they do, then they've
been supporting it very badly, as they seem to think it works.

The best way to get the 'graphics' from Word is to save the document as
DOCX format, and open the DOCX from ZIP archive program such as 7-zip.
Alternatively, do a File > Save As [or wherever Microsoft have moved the
function], and save the file to HTML format - which should then give you
easy access to the graphics.

HTH!