[Framers] Appearance of graphics in the generated PDF

Lin Sims ljsims.ml at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 13:18:57 PDT 2021

I did a quick trial run. For whatever reason, converting to html provided
TWO PNG files, one that had a good quality and one that was just miserable.
The good quality one is still raster, not vector, but it looked pretty good
up to about 400% or so.

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 4:16 PM Peter Gold <peter at petergold.photography>
wrote:

> Lin harnessed the Force using Yoda-wisdom: "The sound of the right answer
> comes from asking the right question! "
>
> On Fri, Aug 6, 2021, 3:08 PM Lin Sims <ljsims.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I think I found the answer for how to get the PNG files to a higher
> > quality:
> >

> >    -
> >
> >    In Word, under File / Options / Advanced / Image Size and Quality,
> check
> >    "Do Not Compress Images in File" and change the default output to High
> >    fidelity.
> >    -
> >
> >    In the Save As dialog box, Tools / Web Options / Pictures, choose a
> >    screen size in higher quality such as 1920x1200 and set pixels per
> inch
> >    120 ppi.
> >

> > This is from:
> >

> https://superuser.com/questions/1282555/saving-word-file-as-html-decreases-quality-of-equations
> >
> > On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 3:46 PM <rick at rickquatro.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Here is a summary of the issue:
> > >
> > > Equations originate from the client in MS Word.
> > >
> > > Tammy wants to save the equations as images for import into FrameMaker.
> > >
> > > The fastest way to do this is to save the Word file as HTML because it
> > > rasterizes the equations as PNG files for inclusion in the HTML. The
> > > problem
> > > is that the resolution of these rasterized PNG files is 96 dpi, which
> is
> > > suitable for the web, but not for print. We can't see a way to increase
> > the
> > > resolution in the Word rasterization process.
> > >

> > --
> > Lin Sims

Lin Sims