[Framers] Appearance of graphics in the generated PDF

tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com
Fri Aug 6 14:00:53 PDT 2021

Hi Lin, Yep, I noticed that as well - I would get two images, one miserable
and one good and I had no idea as to why. I will try this and let you know
ASAP. OMG - thank you! Tammy Van Boening Tammy dot vanboening at
spectrumwritingllc dot com www.spectrumwritingllc.com -----Original
Message----- From: Framers On Behalf Of Lin Sims Sent: Friday, August 6,
2021 2:19 PM To: An email list for people using Adobe FrameMaker software.
Subject: Re: [Framers] Appearance of graphics in the generated PDF I did a
quick trial run. For whatever reason, converting to html provided TWO PNG
files, one that had a good quality and one that was just miserable. The good
quality one is still raster, not vector, but it looked pretty good up to
about 400% or so. On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 4:16 PM Peter Gold wrote: > Lin
harnessed the Force using Yoda-wisdom: "The sound of the right > answer
comes from asking the right question! " > > On Fri, Aug 6, 2021, 3:08 PM Lin
Sims wrote: > > > I think I found the answer for how to get the PNG files to
a higher > > quality: > > > > > > - > > > > In Word, under File / Options /
Advanced / Image Size and > > Quality, > check > > "Do Not Compress Images
in File" and change the default output to High > > fidelity. > > - > > > >
In the Save As dialog box, Tools / Web Options / Pictures, choose a > >
screen size in higher quality such as 1920x1200 and set pixels > > per >
inch > > to > > 120 ppi. > > > > > > This is from: > > > > >
https://superuser.com/questions/1282555/saving-word-file-as-html-decre >
ases-quality-of-equations > > > > On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 3:46 PM wrote: > >
> > > Here is a summary of the issue: > > > > > > Equations originate from
the client in MS Word. > > > > > > Tammy wants to save the equations as
images for import into FrameMaker. > > > > > > The fastest way to do this is
to save the Word file as HTML > > > because it rasterizes the equations as
PNG files for inclusion in > > > the HTML. The problem is that the
resolution of these rasterized > > > PNG files is 96 dpi, which > is > > >
suitable for the web, but not for print. We can't see a way to > > >
increase > > the > > > resolution in the Word rasterization process. > > > >
to framers at lists.frameusers.com Visit the list's > > homepage at
http://www.frameusers.com Archives located at > >
http://www.mail-archive.com/framers%40lists.frameusers.com/ > > Subscribe
and unsubscribe at > >