[Framers] FM 10 on a new computer.

Peter Gold peter at petergold.photography
Wed Aug 11 11:46:49 PDT 2021

Have you considered opening and saving your FM 2015 (and earlier) files as
MIF and also as one or more common interchangeable formats, using books,
and/or scripts, to create a stored legacy?

It would be interesting to hear what you find about Affinity <-> InDesign
conversion. Dtptools' MIF Filter for InDesign had a per-page cost, and its
anchored-frame conversion is crude.

It would be interesting to hear from everyone considering one or another of
these FM-alternative future workflows what FM features you must have in
that destination application. In the past, David Creamer and others have
posted FM feature comparisons with competitive applications. These would
simplifying the compilation of your personal wish list.

I'm not sure if FM is available as a monthly subscription like other Adobe
cloud-based applications, but if so, that might be a reasonable compromise
solution.