[Framers] FM 10 on a new computer.

Syed Zaeem Hosain Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Thu Aug 12 12:41:08 PDT 2021

> Affinity Publisher's certainly far cheaper than any other page layout program I know of. Do they not have a free trial?

They have a free trial available - a relatively short duration of 10 days, I think. But the price of admission is low!

The one other thing that seems interesting is that they [apparently] have a native MacOS version (?) ... I think I have to test that ... Xara Designer Pro (the non-cloud version) is a Windows application. I run FM12 and Designer Pro in Parallels Pro, but native Mac versions would be nice!

Ten years ago I found that Flare did an excellent job of "round-tripping" a FrameMaker book. There was one minor thing that got lost, they might have fixed that since. The book in question was very clean, absolutely consistent formatting with short, minimalist sets of paragraph and character tags and no direct formatting. Might not have been such a good experience with messy source.

Affinity Publisher's certainly far cheaper than any other page layout program I know of. Do they not have a free trial?