[Framers] Tagged PDF Is Not Tagged

Karen Robbins karendesign at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 15:08:36 PDT 2021

Hi Framers,

I carefully set FM (2019) PDF Setup for Tags for my book. Yet no matter how
I convert to PDF (save as or print), not a single thing appears to be
tagged in the converted PDF when opened in Acrobat DC (2021) with
Accessibility tool(s) on. I tested files individually, and they behave the
same way. Saving PDF settings inside the PDF file doesn't make any
difference. (Bookmark settings in PDF Setup work correctly.)

In comparison, my project's cover page is built in QuarkXPress; without any
human intervention, it was properly tagged when output to PDF.

Documentation is of little use; I can't find anything beyond the basic in
Adobe's, and third parties don't go near FM.

I must be missing something obvious. What else must I do in FM to make tags
be present in the PDF it creates?

Thanks for any insight or resources.

Karen