[Framers] Searching multiple PDFs for blacklisted terms

Shmuel Wolfson shmuelw1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 03:21:26 PDT 2021

You can search multiple PDFs in one folder using many PDF readers,
including Acrobat Reader. The usual keyboard shortcut is CTRL+SHIFT+F.
You can select to find all instances of a term in the current PDF or in
all PDFs in a specific folder.

In order to search multiple PDFs for several terms at once, you need to
add the OR operator in between the terms. I tried this in my old version
of Adobe Acrobat Pro and it did not work. But when I tried it in a free
PDF reader called PDF-XChange Viewer it worked. I searched for:
Get_Mode OR Get_Rev OR "indicates the current revision"

The last term had to be in parenthesis in order to find a term with
several words together.

Here's the link to PDF-XChange Viewer:
https://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-viewer/download?fileid=446

Another option is to use Agent Ransack (free). It's a fast search tool
that can search inside of PDF files (and FM files).