[Framers] Adding a word to FM dictionary

tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com tammyvb at spectrumwritingllc.com
Mon Jul 26 12:37:23 PDT 2021

Update to the problem below: I followed Reng's advice about writing the
dictionaries to a file to attempt a correction that way and neither the
document dictionary nor the personal dictionary contains "potential."  Does
anyone have any advice or ideas?

Thanks!

TVB

_______________________________

OK,

This was happening in FM12 and now with a standalone new install with
FM2019, so I give because as a standalone install (it was not an upgrade
install), the dictionaries should be new and not corrupted - in theory!  The
word "potential" is getting flagged as a possible misspelling in my current
document set, and based on the section that I am writing currently, it's
driving me insane. If I right-click on a flagged instance of "potential," I
can select either Learn the Word or Allow in Document and still get the same
cryptic message:

"You cannot add potential to a dictionary. To add potential to a dictionary,
first deselect the corresponding Find setting in the Spelling Checker
Options dialog box."

What friggin' Find setting? There isn't an applicable one selected. . . it's
not a repeated word, etc.

Any advice on how to solve this inane problem?

Thanks!

TVB

Tammy Van Boening

Principal/Owner