[Framers] Adobe's web site for FrameMaker resources - why are all the links broken?

Simon BUCH simon.buch at m-ais.com
Fri Jun 25 03:36:08 PDT 2021

Hello Framers,

Do you remember the days when Adobe would allow you to download specific
revisions of FrameMaker from the Support downloads page?   It appears
that somebody at Adobe made changes, but failed to update URLs.

The Adobe FrameMaker downloads page:
https://helpx.adobe.com/framemaker/kb/framemaker-downloads.html
indicates "To download updates for the current or earlier versions of
FrameMaker, visit the updates Download page." - which takes you to a
non-functioning web server:
https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows

The web site hosting the Adobe Support downloads page is non-functional too:
http://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=22&platform=Windows

I tried accessing these URLs from my ISP in Scotland, and also from Los
Angeles, but nothing changed.

So I looked on the Adobe Help page that details the latest fixed issues
in FrameMaker (2019 release):
https://helpx.adobe.com/framemaker/kb/resolved-issues-framemaker-2019.html
and the link to the FrameMaker 15.0.8 version is pointing to the defunct
web site:
     https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=7065

If there's anybody at Adobe reading this, FIX IT!

Regards
// Simon BUCH