[Framers] Can Someone Take the Reins?

Carol J. Elkins celkins at critterhaven.biz
Wed Jun 30 14:16:53 PDT 2021

At 02:11 PM 6/30/2021, Syed Zaeem Hosain wrote:
>Not sure if Reddit is the right place. It can be quite out of
>control with its tons of random posts on all kinds of topics.
>
>A _far_ better site is groups.io ... I use it for a few email
>discussion groups that I administer. And it would work for this
>mailing list perfectly!

Ultimately it will be up to whomever takes over the list and whomever
(if ever) acquires ownership of the list. But IMO, Mailman is one of
the best platforms to use for a listserv. It controls spam and has
good access to archives. It is part of the service that the domain
host provides and it took a great deal of work to get it all set up
and working smoothly back in 2016 when I worked with Brad to get
everything moved away from GoDaddy. I personally wouldn't consider
changing. But let's leave that discussion for another day (hopefully
far, far in the future).

Thanks everyone for your warm thoughts. It has been a pleasure and
honor working with this group. A nicer, more thoughtful, and more
helpful group of people can't be found. I really would like to move
this conversation off list now. I have made contact with Finite
Matters and they will try to get Brad to call me back.  I will keep
everyone posted. And for those kind souls who are willing to take
over admin duties, I'll contact you all OFF LIST in a week or so and
we'll figure out the best way forward.

Carol