[Framers] What's missing in the default template?

Bjørn Smalbro studio at smalbro.dk
Wed Mar 3 01:45:55 PST 2021

I design FrameMaker templates at FrameMaker.dk.
(https://framemaker.dk/en/framemaker-resources/free-template-downloads-for-adobe-framemaker)
As a part of that I project, I suddenly began viewing the default "New
Document" template in a new light, and began thinking about whether it
might be improved.

Some features can be controlled using maker.ini, but other features are
built-in like the paragraph/charcter styles and reference page graphics
and paper size. Paragraph styles for instance... we have two heading
levels but is that enough? For HTML conversions...? If one uses the
default stylesheet without modifying styles, things are going to look
very boring. Might it be a good idea to make a default stylesheet which
is a little closer to something usable from the beginning?... How about
reference page graphics...? Might it be a good idea to create more line
options?

What do you think?...