[Framers] FrameMaker on M1 Macs?

Alan Houser arh at groupwellesley.com
Mon Nov 15 06:02:40 PST 2021

I know several of you are running FrameMaker 2020 on Windows 11. Is anybody running FrameMaker on an M1 Mac, with Windows 11 under Parallels? I get an immediate termination on FrameMaker launch with "The code execution cannot proceed because atmlib.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem”. (Yes, I’ve re-installed FM, and even re-installed my Windows 11 virtual machine).

This DLL exists in "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atmlib.dll” (same as on my Windows 10 VM on my old Mac). I can also run Robohelp and Captivate successfully from TCS 2019.

Microsoft no longer provides a Windows 10 disk image for ARM architectures, so Windows 11 is the only option.

Success stories or ideas? Please let me know!

-Alan
--
Alan Houser
Group Wellesley, Inc.