[Framers] FrameMaker on M1 Macs?

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.com
Mon Nov 15 06:35:49 PST 2021

At 09:02 -0500 15/11/21, Alan Houser wrote:

>I know several of you are running FrameMaker 2020 on Windows 11. Is anybody running FrameMaker on an M1 Mac, with Windows 11 under Parallels? I get an immediate termination on FrameMaker launch with "The code execution cannot proceed because atmlib.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem". (Yes, I've re-installed FM, and even re-installed my Windows 11 virtual machine).

There are specific compatibility issues with Windows/Parallels on M1-chipped Macs. More details here:

<https://www.parallels.com/uk/products/desktop/resources/#requirements>

Caveat: I have no personal experience, but I watch this area very closely.

I'm not suggesting that it's a Parallels/M1 problem, but it's worth checking your install.

--
Steve