[Framers] Frame vs InDesign

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Thu Nov 18 16:51:22 PST 2021

InDesign has been the standard in book publishing and color prepress
since it pushed Quark out. It's great at generating TOCs and indexes.
PDFs are as good as they get, that's the format graphics professionals
use to send books etc. to the printer. You can read up on links and
cross-references in the doc PDF, which is an example of its PDF
output.

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/indesign_reference.pdf

(Note that some of the links won't work as they're trying to find
stuff that's installed with InDesign on your hard disk.)

There's a third--party tool for converting FrameMaker to InDesign:

https://www.dtptools.com/product.asp?id=mfid

It's not a single-sourcing tool. No online help. You can publish to
HTML but if that's important you'd probably want to use something
else.