[Framers] Why so many of us feel the way we do about Adobe

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Fri Oct 15 17:04:53 PDT 2021

You can't buy FrameMaker any more. Subscription only. $360 a  year is
quite cheap compared with other tools. I'm paying a little over $3,000
a year for Paligo. Flare is $2,000.

PDF's still a customer requirement for many products, but the other
single-sourcing tools I've used all produce professional-looking PDFs.
Occasionally I use the Organize Pages view in Acrobat and skim for bad
page breaks and code listings / tables that go past the right margin.
Last time I checked there were no problems.