[Framers] Contents of Framers digest... Why so many of us feel the way we do....

Böðvar Björgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 04:54:38 PDT 2021

Dear Wim,

I do think Adobe reads this list, at least from time to time. So it is
IMNSHO essential that we discuss, not only the day-to-day problems we are
facing in our tasks with FM but also its pros and cons. I for one welcome
the discussion of the attitude that Adobe seems to show regarding
development, pricing, etc. of FrameMaker. I am of the view that Adobe is
(intentionally?) making it less of a competitor to InDesign by refusing to
add features that ID has and we have asked for to be added to FM. If they
did, and if they would enable you freely to add spell checker and
hyphenation for your language of choice, FM would be the absolutely best
tool for writing, editing, publishing any kind of literature. Then even I
would pay for upgrades. Until then I am not upgrading. I can do with older
versions quite easily.

Kind regards,
Bodvar Bjorgvinsson (retired)
Iceland.