[Framers] [EXTERNAL] ps file being used by another process

Tom Beiswenger tom.beiswenger at emhartglass.com
Fri Sep 10 04:44:46 PDT 2021

Bodvar,

I'm running FM 12. Years ago, I had the same problem, which was created when IT installed FM and allowed FM to install its verson of Adobe's pdf generator. This caused FM to ignore the fact that I already had a full version of Acrobat. The solution was to uninstall FM and reinstall and not allow it to install what became known as a "headless" printer.

After that, I always used Save as PDF, and when I selected Adobe PDF as the printer, it printed the document using my already installed Acrobat app.

Uninstalling and reinstalling might have been a more severe solution than needed, but it worked and the IT guys were happy that they never had to monkey with FM again, which was fine by me.

________

Tom Beiswenger
Mgr. IB Technical Documentation Project Manager

Bucher Emhart Glass
Emhart Glass Manufacturing Inc.
74 Kahler Road North, Horseheads, NY 14845, USA
T +1 607 735 2600, D +1 607 735 2551
M + 607 769 4779
bucheremhartglass.com

LinkedIn