[Framers] ps file being used by another process

Böðvar Björgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 04:59:01 PDT 2021

Hi Reng,

Thanks for replying so soon.

When you use Save as PDF, do you use FrameMaker's internal
> PDF engine? Or Distiller?

Started by save as pdf which uses FM's internal pdf engine.
Then I printed to file (first finding out that Adobe PDF was not my default
printer and then changing that).

> Do you get these messages also with other files or only with this book?
> Are these files on a network?

I only tried this file. And, yes, on Dropbox, but it has not been a problem
earlier.

As a short help I would copy all files of the book to another folder

(best locally) and create the PDF there.

When you get these messages, it sounds, as if FrameMaker has not
> completed the PS creation.

After changing to Adobe PDF it completes the ps (file size as expected).
When either double clicking the file or opening it from within Distiller I
get these messages.

> Or possibly something with your anti-virus software?

No change in that for a long time. If it is just at all these moments
checking the file, oit would surprise me! (Acronis True Image 2021 — and it
is not set to back up my Dropbox files).

Did you restart Windows?

No.

> Do others have access to these files?

No. And I have by default the admin rights, except in rare cases.

Best regards,
Bodvar Bjorgvinsson

fös., 10. sep. 2021 kl. 11:32 skrifaði Reng Winfried <