[Framers] XML Application "x" does not exist

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Tue Aug 2 09:15:22 PDT 2022

C2,

   It sounds like the problem is not that your new application doesn't
work, but it either isn't define correctly or you haven't read the
definition. Make sure the new application is defined correctly and has
that the definition has been processed before any further debugging.

   Open any file and use the Structure > Set Structured Application
command. Is your application listed? If not, where did you define it?
You can easily open the default location for application definitions
with Structure > Application Definition > Edit Application Definitions.
Is that where your definition is? If not, did you create the definition
in a file that uses the same template as the default one.

  You can put your own definition in another file, but it will not be
available until you open that file and use Structure > Application
Definition > Read Application Definitions. While FrameMaker reads the
default application definition file each time it starts, you need to
read another file in each session before its definitions become available.

     --Lynne

--
Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.