[Framers] Framers Digest, Vol 194, Issue 2

Stephan Will st.will at mk-will.de
Fri May 6 00:37:24 PDT 2022

Hi Alison,

short information: FrameMaker is looking for the last occurrence of an
automatic numbering regardless of the used numbering scheme.
In your case it was "d)", so for FrameMaker the next (alpha)numeric value
is "5".

Richard did already mention one possible solution.

Another solution is to use "flow of numbers" (FrameMaker calls it "Series
label").
In FrameMaker it is possible to define a series label using a capital
letter in front of the numbering scheme.
Then FrameMaker does not look at the very last automatic numbering, but at
the last automatic numbering in the specified series label.

So your numbering schemes would be:
"Instruction1":		A:<n=1>.\t
"Instruction+":		A:<n+>.\t
"Instruction Alpha-a":	B:<a=1>)\t